QC records 87 COVID-19 cases, 13 dead
By Daphne Galvez
INQUIRER.net
2020-03-26 09:07:13

MANILA, Philippines — The number of confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in Quezon City has reached 87 with 13 fatalities, the city government said early morning Thursday.

This as 15 new cases were recorded as of 7 p.m. Wednesday, in barangays Siena, Sto, Cristo, Bagong Lipunan Crame, Culiat, Manresa, Matandang Balara, Ugong Norte, Kalusugan, San Isidro Galas, Valencia, and Tandang Sora.

The city government also recorded three new fatalities, raising the total of deaths to 13, while the number of recovered COVID-19 patients remains at seven.

Fifty barangays in Quezon City are currently affected by the coronavirus disease, with 13 barangays placed under “extreme enhanced community quarantine.”

To curb the increase of cases in the city, the Quezon City government said it is implementing decontamination efforts in the different barangays.

It has also distributed 490,000 food packs.

The Department of Health (DOH) has so far recorded 636 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 38 deaths and 26 recoveries.

/MUF

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.