What I Wish I Knew as a Freshman
By Kat Lopez
August 12, 2017 at 5:58 am

Visit us on Instagram To be You;  Facebook: To be You; e-mail inq.tobeyou@gmail.com

What I Wish I Knew as a Freshman


College is a real eye-opener.

I’m about to enter my third year of college and I have to confess that 99.99 percent of time, I have no idea what I’m doing. The other 00.01 percent is me knowing the locations of my classrooms for each of my subjects, since I have the layout of my university all figured out.
Scared? Don’t worry, this is the norm. You don’t have to have everything figured out all the time.

I wish I knew this as a freshman. Back then, I felt like a messy ball of nerves just trying to find my way around the labyrinth of college life.

College will change you. It truly is a whole new playing field, but I promise you: You. Will. Figure. It. Out. It will seem like such a terrifying leap of faith at first, but the best thing that you can do for yourself is to take that chance, again and again.

Dear freshman self: Give yourself the space to grow with the flow, and you’ll be all right. —CONTRIBUTED

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

View Comments