Parojinog requests transfer of case from PNP to NBI
By Jhoanna Ballaran
INQUIRER.net
2018-06-13 14:29:26

Fugitive Ozamiz City Councilor Ricardo “Ardot” Parojinog has requested the Department of Justice (DOJ) to transfer his case from the Philippine National Police (PNP) to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), police chief Dir. Gen. Oscar D. Albayalde said Wednesday.

“Parang yun lang ang nakuha naming information but as of this time, walang sagot naman ang PNP dyan   (That was the only information so far, but as of this time, the PNP has no comment on that),” Albayalde said in a press briefing at Camp Crame in Quezon City.

“It will now depend on the DOJ kung talagang yun ang magiging kautusan ng (if that is the order of the) DOJ. We will respect the decision of DOJ,” he said.

Parojinog was charged with illegal possession of firearms and explosives and violation of Section 3 of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drug Act.

He was arrested in May by Taiwanese authorities after trying to enter the country with illegal documents. He had been in hiding since the bloody raid that killed his older brother, Ozamiz City Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog.

READ: Fugitive Ozamiz City dad ‘Ardot’ Parojinog arrested in Taiwan

Albayalde said the PNP has not yet visited Parojinog, who is under the custody of the Taiwan prosecutor. /ee

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

View Comments